Apply for the Household Support Grant

Thanks to funding from Barnsley Council and the Department for Work and pensions (DWP), we will be supporting 100 unpaid carers with a £100 shopping voucher to use at a local supermarket.

Barnsley Council and the DWP have provided Barnsley Carers Service with a limited amount of funding to support people who are facing financial difficulty, while caring for a family member or friend.

To be eligible for a voucher you must: complete the application in full; meet the criteria; be registered as an unpaid carer with Barnsley Carers Service; and provide evidence of benefits, which must be included with the returned, completed form.

Please note: Awards will only be allocated to those in greatest need who meet the criteria and did not receive the grant in the last round of funding.

Eligible Criteria

  • In receipt of Carers Allowance or Carers Element
  • Carers experiencing financial difficulty


  • Benefit letter
  • Bank statement or wage slip

You can apply for the grant by filling out the following form: Household Support Grant ( please email any supporting evidence to and state the name on the application.

Once a decision has been made, you will be contacted by Barnsley Carers Service. In the meantime, please do not contact us prior to the decision being made.

Household support grants available for those in need
Back to news
 Back to top